Guide to Renting a Storage Unit
Renting a storage unit can be tricky at times. First off, you need to determine what you want to store and if you are storing it temporarily or permanently. Maybe you have downsized and you don’t want to let go of your items. Renting a storage unit is an excellent space-saving solution as you wait to get a bigger house or apartment to store your belongings.
What to look for in a storage unit?
- Accessibility. Can you get to the storage unit when you need it? A good facility should offer ample access and all weekend availability as well.
- Security. The security of your items is paramount. The storage unit facility should have secure locks, in-person surveillance, gates and camera monitoring that runs all the time.
- Location. A convenient location probably closer to the city is better and more convenient. However, this one might be a bit expensive so balance the location with the price. How often do you need to access the storage unit and how convenient is the current location?
- Pricing. Don’t go for the cheapest as it might be compromised in terms of security and other services. Go for fair pricing and ask for discounts.
- Reviews. What do the current or former clients think of the storage facility? If there are any incidents such as robbery, surly staff or too many one-star reviews, that is a no go zone.