How to Pack Your Items for Storage
Would you like to keep the old dresser, brought by your grandmother so many years ago from her remote home village?
Do you want to keep your children’s artworks that you look at them every time brings tears to your eyes?
Do you still think that these tools can someday be helpful?
Or, maybe, are you on the way to move your home, renovate your home?
In all this (and in many others), you can follow an efficient way to get your items out without losing them forever. That is not necessarily necessary, but potentially useful or highly valued. In other words, for everything that you want to keep but do not have space, you will need the right storage choice.
Self-storage offers a simple solution to your requirements. You have to select a convenient store and buy products there. But you must plan and pack them with the utmost care and attention to detail to ensure your treasured belongings’ good health while they are being loaded.
Here are all the useful tips for the preparation of your storage items:
- How do I prepare storage objects?
You want to: When planning storage items:
- Systematically and effectively arrange and prepare them so you can quickly locate (and access) all of them that you might need at a given time.
- Ensure sufficient dust, soil, humidity, and potential damage cover.
You should follow some easy but highly effective storage packing tips to achieve this:
- Ensure that the storage things you pack are clean and dry;
- To better protect every single part, disassemble large items;
- Use quality packaging material, have enough padding, stack full boxes, and securely seal them.
However, keep in mind that each item has its requirements; besides the general rules mentioned above, you should also consider when preparing for storage.
- How can I store clothes?
You are strongly recommended to avoid folding them and stuffing them in boxes while storing clothing for long periods. Instead, hang your garments on a rail of clothes to keep them wrinkle-free and ensure good ventilation. It might be a good idea to wrap your most costly and delicate garments in an acceptable protective cover to remain new and clean.
Keep hanging clothes in wardrobe boxes as they provide the best possible dust and damp protection.
Any insect repellent items (naphthalene, or mothballs) should be used to cover long-term clothing.
- Preparation of storage of Electronic equipment
Ensure that any electronic equipment that reaches storage is clean and free of dust. In their original boxes or equivalent in size and consistency, carry sensitive electronic devices. To ensure maximum storage safety, fill in any empty areas with broken packaging material, foam sheets, or anti-static packaging peanuts. Seal the boxes securely and ensure that no moisture comes into contact
- Additional useful tips for planning your storage products can be considered:
- Clean your leather pieces with a leather conditioner into storage. Enable them to dry up for 48 to 72 hours until they are packaged;
- Before storage, clean your grill drain lines, lawnmower, snowblower, and other gas units.
- Put pictures between card pieces to keep them flat and stable (they appear to curl and easily damage over a long time);
- Wrapping and placing in each other shades of lamps with packing paper.